- Trail: Weiser River Trail – Presley Bridge to Midvale
- Miles: 20.82
- Ave. mph: 3.3
- Max speed: 14.4
- Time: 6 hrs. 12 min
- Stop time: 12 min
- Riders: Self – Ralph
- Horses: Jack – Rosie the mule
- Dogs: Hank – Sage
Notes: I’ve been wanting to ride from Weiser to Midvale on the WRT and have lunch at the Country Cabin. Sharon dropped us off at Presley bridge and Ralph and I rode 21 miles into Midvale only to find the Cabin closed at 3:00pm. I guess I’ll have to d it again. And leave earlier.
- Trail: Succor Creek – Power Line Loop
- Miles: 25
- Riders: Self – Ralph – Henry – Erica – Matt – Timmy
- Horses: Jack – J’Lo – Rosie – Liza – Scarlet – Nevada – Joe
- Dogs: Shade – Hank – Gee – Sage
Notes: Combining two days in to one log. My intent was to spend the first few days of my vacation getting my inner hermit on. Things changed when I lost my GPS the first day. Spent four days searching for it. It should not be that hard to spot so we assume somebody picked it up right away. There was a lot of traffic out there with hunting season and all. I have a hard time letting go, apparently. If it weren’t for needing to come back and get my place ready for my annual play-day, I’d still be out looking. I went back on horseback – foot and four-wheeler. It’s just not out there.
- Trail: IMO – Poison Creek – Owyhee Desert
- Miles: 15.81
- Ave mph: 3.9
- Max mph: 14.6
- Riders: Self – Jones – Dusty (Circle 4 Team)
- Horses: Jack – Honor – Zeke
- Dogs: Shade – Hank – Dealer – Savannah – Stayed in camp
Notes: Last IMO ride of the year. The weather started out a little turbulent – some rain, hail and some say a little snow but we missed the snow part. By the end of the ride the weather was beautiful. We ran the course backwards – not entirely intentional to begin with – missed marker #2 and bypassed #5 before we realized we were headed to #4. When we realized what we did we went with it – picked up #3 – back to #2 and ended with #5. Found all our markers in 4 hours and 37 minutes. Dusty is recovering from open heart surgery and I’m still learning to read a topo map. By next year – we should be the team to beat!